Monday, February 24, 2020

Week Six: A

We began class with a critique of our vectorized storyboards. In small groups, we shared our chosen logos and our animation ideas. My groupmates had a lot of positive feedback with the transition of the characters and the changing of directions, but to me, I felt like there wasn't enough. The channel is about trying new challenging adventurers or situations and the group go one and with the type simply moving orientation I feel like it can connect more with the videos they have created.

My professor gave the suggestion of using imagery with the design rather than just the typography. I am going to go back to sketching and research and look more into how to move beyond just type.

I began with the research. Yes Theory has "Seek Discomfort" as a manta and as a second company. "Seek Discomfort" is a branch of Yes Theory growing from simple YouTube merchandise to a complete online clothing company. I found a video on their "Seek Discomfort" about page posted on their YouTube channel that was a runway launch of their first collection. I think that this is a good video to place my animation in.



The video is the build-up of their launch and gave me more incite on the vibe, the process, and the creation. 

During class, I created another storyboard this time focusing on the images that can be added. The ending is similar to my first storyboard, but the letters will appear broken apart with images from adventures they have gone on in the background. 



I am excited about this direction because it will represent their brand more with a catalog of crazy adventures being showcased. My only concern is I don't want the photos appearing to look like a cheesy slideshow. I'm hoping that by lowering the opacity of the letters they will still be visable, but the intensity of the photos can still be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment