Sunday, February 23, 2020

Week Five: Outside of Class

After class on Wednesday, I created another storyboard for my logo indent project.

The third one is similar to the first one I created, but the logo will appear in the correct direction over the frame progression and then possibly revert back to the original design at the end. 




I am thinking of going in the direction of the first storyboard with the text appearing in the correct direction and then transitioning into their logo. The "typing out" style (second storyboard) I think may lead to a longer duration of time (closer to 5 seconds) which I am trying to keep it short. Also, the correcting of the duration of characters (third storyboard) isn't building up to their logo it is more of taking it apart so I don't think I will use that one. 

_________________________________________________________________________

Saturday night I began working on my vectorized storyboard. My first challenge is to determine the font used in their design. On the website Font Squirrel, you can upload an image under the application "Font Identifier" and it will decipher what font is being used. 

The website determined the typeface used is or is similar to SansSerifFLF which I was able to download for free on the website FontZillion.




SansSerifFLF is a larger family with many variations so my next task was to determine which to use. I believe the closest is SansSerifBldFLF Medium. 




I started vectorizing my storyboard by creating the outline in Illustrator for the 7 frames. 


_________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday morning I continued to work on my storyboard. I believed I had found the correct font, but when I went to the type of "Seek Discomfort" everything looked close to correct except the M. The M in the logo doesn't have sharp points in the peeks of the strokes they flatten out. I went back to Font Identifier and tried again and I found a typeface called Cocogoose that looks more similar to the original typeface. 

Top -  SansSerifBldFLF Medium
Bottom - Cocogoose
With my typeface chosen and layout made I began vectorizing my original pencil sketched out storyboard. 











No comments:

Post a Comment