Monday, February 3, 2020

Week Three: A

We began class by sharing our texture dream sequence starting with my piece to share with the class. I received helpful feedback that could elevate my project to convey my dream in a more abstract form. The main points from my critique were:

  1. The quick pass at the beginning worked well with emphasizing the speed and haste.
  2. Instead of using  "sprint" maybe use a different word to show the group/friends I was traveling with.
  3. Some blurry photos in the middle (may have not been sized correctly).
  4. The ending could have been more abstract rather than the direct flame texture.
We then went over our next exercise using shape and rhythm/pace. I started the project by listening to the audio file (bawa sushil) closely in After Affects watching the waveform to see where the key points are. I did a rough sketch on the bottom of my notes to lay out the progression and shapes I want to use. 




I wanted to choose a color scheme that matched the tone and style of the music. The beat is very fast-paced and feels warm and vibrant. So I found a color scheme on the website coolers to use. It was warm with it's orange and yellow but has cool ocean blues. I thought a blue could be used for the "claps" since they have a strong contrast from the rest of the audio.



I then began my animation focusing on the key/high points of the audio to be the main points of movement. I used on scale and position as the main motions for my orange cube.


At the end of class, this is what I had completed so far.







No comments:

Post a Comment