Monday, March 2, 2020

Week Seven : A

I am continuing to grow on what I created before. At the start of class we began with critiquing a few volunteered classmates designs. I realized after viewing their's and hearing their feedback that I can definitely grow beyond my idea. My professor said it wisely when he reminded me that I don't know if an idea will work until I try. I need to try my ideas first beyond just a storyboard to see if the idea will work. The time constraint of only 3 to 5 seconds is what is limiting me, but I need to try and adjust rather than not attempt at all. 

So I took some time to think of an idea and direction to go.

During that time I began to think of another idea. I went back to the photos that I was hesitant to try before since I struggled before with choosing which characters to use or if I should use them all, so I tired to think of another option. The channel is called YES Theory so I could use the YES from their logo alongside their mantra. Both their "YES Theory" design and "Seek Discomfort" both are recognizable identities of their brand, but by using the YES I do not need to try and choose which characters to use from "Seek Discomfort". 



Another change I could adapt is usinga clip from their video rather than still photos. This was the video can be a transition into the animation and appear connected to the specific content in their video. The animation is still going to go at the end as a closer to restate their yes theory and seeking discomfort philosophy.   

I am going to incorporate my animation into the end of this video. 



Below I have a rough sketch of an idea addition of the frames with the "YES" masking idea.




The next step was to research how to mask a video in After Effects. I found the video below that gave a good explanation that I could use. 



Outside of class I am going to begin to continue to work on my animation and to share with the class on Wednesday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment