Sunday, January 26, 2020

Week One: Outside Of Class

Before beginning my animation I did a few simple sketches to have an idea of an overall path my line would travel. My emotion is "joy" so I wanted to do uplifting swirling movements with twirls and spins.



I then started in Adobe Animate and followed a tutorial they offer to learn the different methods of animation and how to use keyframes. The tutorial was fairly helpful as it walked me through how to animate a ball to appear as if it was bouncing up and down.

I then started with creating the small line and through each keyframe, there would be a new segment of the line (I turned on the all frame onion skin on so I could see my overall path). I realized after a few frames that line was too small because and each keyframe was a new movement the line moved way too quickly. After creating a small path I decided to start over and use a different approach.


With this next attempt, I knew I had to make longer lines with more overlap between each new segment and stretch out the duration of the movement between multiple keyframes. I chose to have each main movement be 5 keyframes and when the worm looped I would use only 2 to 3 keyframes so the motion was quicker. Frame by frame I went through connecting the lines to their previous shadow and laying out the path for my joyful worm.

For the end of the animation, I wanted to have the line end on a small twirl for a little twist. I felt that so far my transitions were pretty smooth because of the roughly halfway overlap, but I was having trouble with the end. It was separating too much between the twist and the other lines, so I had to zoom in very close and alter the number of each keyframe to create the movement more fluid.


   

I am happy with how my line animation came out as my first animation project. I think moving forward I will try to focus more on size and transitions between keyframes since I think the size maybe a little too small and still a little choppy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment