Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Week Two: B

After showing our textures we collected for homework, we were given the next assignment that we will be using these collected textures for. The Dream Sequencing project is to be a 15-second clip created in After-Effects using only 5-7 words and unrecognizable textures to covey our dream. 

I began this assignment by creating a timeline of how I will be laying out the textures and words. I read through my written dream and tried to condense key points into 7 words. The words I chose are: 
  1. Raced
  2. Clue
  3. Passing
  4. Searching
  5. Enter
  6. Flicker
  7. Flame
After deciding my words I tried to get a rough idea of what textures would be utilized during each word. During this process, I decided I would need to collect more shoe textures (both top and bottom) so I can prolong the "raced" portion of the sequence. I chose the typeface American Typewriter for my text since I want the style to convey a story and also more of a classic aesthetic since it is to be in Paris France. I may have to change my choice to a typeface with thicker strokes if it becomes too challenging to read on different backgrounds.

I set up a rough format of the sequence by typing out the words in different text layers in AfterEffects. 




Here is the brainstorming I did during class for the layout of the sequence. 



No comments:

Post a Comment